The project management process groups (or major tasks!) include:
- Initiating processes
- Planning Processes
- Executing Processes
- Monitoring and Controlling processes
- Closing Processes
Really need to break down your 12 weeks into:
- Opening (initial ideas)
- Pre production (Detailed planning)
- Production (Doing)
- Post-Production (Editing/Refining)
- Closing (Final Delivery)
- Subtasks of subtasks
Go to project information and set project start dates (03/02/14) and set end date (11/05/14)
Re read the brief and add the key deadlines and dates to the Gantt chart. (Add re read brief to the gantt chart as well!)
– Significant deliverables and milestones
– Estimated resource allocation for each subtask.
– Only Create dependencies when most of details are assigned. (Resources allocated, start dates etc)
Add screenshots to the presentation about Gantt chart
- Allows for budget calculations after Week 3 pitch:
- For now, just need to add key resources to each task/subtask
- Default resource is 8 hours a day, 5 days a week (100%) of time!
- Your time will need reducing to at least 50% or 4 hours a day or 21 hours a week. (Two other module to do.)
- Likely to be less. Be realistic.
- Don’t worry about budget yet.