Stage 1: Strategic Plan
Stage 2: Tactical Planning
Stage 3: Tactical Realisation
Stage 4: Promotion
Stage 5: Practical Resolution
Stage 6: Installation
Stage 7: Exhibition Ready
Make a list of the things you need to think about when looking for your degree show venue:
- Accessibility – Parking, disabled access etc
- Space for the work
- Constraints on building
- Price – venue hire, sponsorship
- Equipment – projectors, sound systems etc
- Reputation of the space
- Check all this out in person – go and visit people and locations. People appreciate getting to meet you face to face.
Create an exhibition biography to take with you when visiting locations/venues to show gallery owners etc.
This should include:
- Title of the show
- Short description of the work
- Photographers involved
- Examples of the photographs
- sponsors involved
- Details of private view dates
- An idea of the amount of people who may visit.
Research and make a list of possible venues/galleries/spaces to visit in Leeds to show your exhibition in May 2014. This should include conventional and alternative spaces.
Put together a short CV/Biog of your work to include 3 pictures and a statement about it.
Start your notebook/sketchbook and include this information in it.